www.nationstates.net

22 May 2005

The United Fandom Of The NationStates Isles

NationStates is an interesting beast. People who play it write stories about the worlds within it, they make websites dedicated to it, they even compose poems about it. I find it fascinating, and wanted to add my own contribution so I composed national anthems for nations, which was all very amusing but I don't have the time for it now. What I think would be really fun though would be to write something which would encapsulate NationStates, and its spirit. But what would it sound like? Squealing guitar riffs and traditional anthems don't seem quite right to me. When I try to imagine what I would hear as I look at the NationStates main page I just draw a big white blankness. I thought maybe something minimalistic, something hypnotic, but who knows? Whatever I eventually come up with will probably be something that no-one else agrees with because NationStates means many different things to many different people. To some, it is an interesting distraction, to others it is a vast cornucopia of possibilities, where billions of lives can be altered with a simple click of the mouse.

And I think that's just great!

No comments: