www.nationstates.net

12 May 2005

Mod Olympics

The Sixth Game Moderator Olympics

For those who don't know, the Game Moderator Olympics is a periodic publication of just what all the mods have been doing for the last few months, and medals are awarded to those who come first, second, and third in each 'event' (nations deleted, UN proposals, deleted, issues edited (my personal favourite of course) and so on).

The Olympics tend to be more of an occasion for the players than the mods really. Though most Olympics can herald promotions (this most recent one hasn't), it has never really been on our minds much. How can it, when there's such a lot to do? I usually do well in the Olympics because I've got unhealthy amounts of free time, and I'm the one who frets about the size of the tasklist most. If I see that it's got huge again, I simply have to reduce it.

I've always regarded myself as an Issue Editor who does Game Moderating on the side. If only it could be true! Necessity makes it the other way round, more often than not, so until the day when we start getting wages (my goodness, I just saw the Prince of Darkness go past on a sledge) I'm going to keep having to do my bit.

Big cogratulations go to Myrth of course, who drank too much coffee when he became a game moderator and frequently obliterated the tasklist before anyone else could get close to it! If only it could be the same now. As I've already mentioned in my blog, the tasklist is still increasing at a meteoric pace, and it'll require everyone's hard effort to keep up with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even [violet] pointed out how constant of a mod you are.