www.nationstates.net

29 May 2005

Summer Death

Ever since I joined the site on the 14th of April 2003 (a day of enormous occult significance in my nation now. It's rumoured to be the one day of the year when the flightless hippos sleep and therefore stop crapping over everyone's shiny bicycles (cars were banned long ago).), I have noticed that the number of nations existing drop drastically during the summer months, sometimes plunging by as much as 10000 nations. That's a lot of citizens going up to the great region in the sky.

The reasons are obvious of course. Only a crazy person would sit in front of the computer all day when they could be outside enjoying the glorious weather, the wonderful bronzed beaches and the cool (well, bloody freezing I admit) sea as it gently ebbs up the stone-spotted shore. I have an excuse of course. I'm Scottish, and therefore summer means brief episodes of brilliant sunshine amidst dark gloomy periods of storms and endless rain.

Anyway, you just watch out for it. The world's population is about to go in the opposite direction of the barometer.

No comments: