www.nationstates.net

09 October 2005

I Want Some Company

You know. For those long lonely nights where I'm just lying in bed with nothing to do. It's not so bad I suppose, I've always got Rebecca... or Carrie... or Frankenstein... and before this silly prevarication continues any further I'll just point out that by 'Company' I mean Max Barry's new book. As long-suffering moderators, we've all been hoping (read: asking, hinting, threatening) that we'd get signed advanced copies of this book as payment for our years (or in the newbies' cases, months) of hard, unpaid labouring over NationStates. We don't know if we will, and it's clear that Max has got other things on his mind, but we'd have thought we'd at least get a snifter before some mystery bloke called Jason got to it. Haven't we cracked our bones long enough?

But I'm not bitter. Just hopeful (meaningful pause) that we will get at least a free copy. Not too much to ask, and I don't ask for many things apart from substantial changes to the issues code, money, sexual favours, etc.

Wait, did I say that last bit out loud?

No comments: