www.nationstates.net

15 October 2005

Avatars!

I was really pleased to discover today that NS mods can now give themselves avatars on the NS forums. Naturally I chose the awe-inspiring sight of the flightless hippo as my representation. Hack went for some kind of mysterious monk in yellow robes, Cog and Fris favoured the traditional Jennifer Government eye, Tsaraine chose what appears to be a nut with sunglasses, GMC and Kat both went for felinesque people, and Euroslavia selected, for some unknown reason, a picture of a chin with a word underneath it which I first took to say 'Penis'. As far as I'm aware none of the others have got avatars yet but it's only a matter of time until we see what they choose.

I'm willing to bet a not unreasonable amount of money that Reppy's will involve yellow armour and a very big sword...!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually...

My avatar is an enlarged icon from an old Electronic Arts game called Wasteland. My brother tossed it into Photoshop, turning it yellow (originally was blue), removed the face, added the text and the Yellow Sign in the background (also seen on my flag).

It's a reference to The King In Yellow, an avatar of Hastur in the Cthulhu Mythos, a series of stories largely inspired by the works of HP Lovecraft.

Just to add to the confusion though, is the fact that the King originally appeared in a pair of stories by Robert Chambers, who wrote before Lovecraft did.

Ahem.

That is all.

King Siroc said...

I suspected as such.

Rep Prod the Ninja Mod said...

Actually, mine is an old artwork of the character Firefury, done years ago by an old IRC friend of mine =p

I'll probably change it to the more fearsome visage of the Ninja Mod in full regalia, but that has to wait until my computer is back and I can render it at a more reasonable size than my current Ninja Mod sigpic =p