www.nationstates.net

18 June 2005

Power Struggles

I haven't been around much (i.e. at all) lately because the mouse broke and I was confronted with the horror of trying to shut down the computer without being able to point and click. This posed quite a puzzler for me, because I'm as much attuned to computers as Dennis Norden is to humour. Anyway. Power struggles.

Ah, the fight for delegacy. Such a bitter and malignant one it can be sometimes. Recently our delegate Bestiville got his nation hacked (why does everyone have such cecity when it comes to choosing difficult passwords? NO-ONE IS FOOLED BY PUTTING DOWN 'qwertyuiop' YOU SILLY BUGGERS!) and before the whole matter could be cleared up, his nation was resigned from the United Nations by the imposter. This meant that DTAS LAND who had the second-highest number of endorsements returned to the seat of power, and everyone rose up and cried "oh". Bestiville is now back and will presumably try to regain delegacy when he comes back from his holiday in Spain, but for now, another nation in Lancre called Fatheaded Edward has taken the prize through some subtle endorsement-swapping.

Will the people accept his rise to power? We'll find out soon, I'm sure...

In other news, it's my brother's birthday (yay), the last Doctor Who episode of the new series is playing (oh no! No more Eccleston until the Christmas special!), and the American Grand Prix qualifying begins today at 11:30pm (the horror!). In other words, this is going to be quite a packed day for me, so don't expect me to be around much!

No comments: