www.nationstates.net

05 June 2005

Easter Eggs

I can remember when the idea of putting Easter Egg issues was introduced by Sal, and I was pretty amused by the idea. It was even funnier when people started getting them and started asking bewildered questions about levers causing the end of the world. But Sal's far too busy to make any new ones and I'm loathe to do any myself because I much prefer writing/editing 'serious' ones. If you could ever possibly call any of the issues serious.

But recently it occured to me that we have 179 issues in the game (178 if you don't count the anniversary issue Max Barry wrote since no one will ever get it again) and only 2 easter eggs (no, I'm not going to say how to get them!). So maybe it is time for at least one new issue of this nature. Who knows? I'd have to ask SalusaSecondus what he thinks and go on from there.

As an ardent Doctor Who fan (the new series is genuinely one of the best things that's been on television for a long time), my first thoughts was that it should involve Daleks attacking your nation! But it isn't really appropriate (or is it?) and the notoriety of the Terry Nation estate in regard to the Daleks' copyright is too scary for words!

No comments: