www.nationstates.net

10 June 2007

Inclement Weather


My first day back home for the summer holidays was heralded by the worst lightning storms I can remember for a long time. Torrential rain, lightning bolts hitting the ground everywhere (one hit house - it was on the news), and the loud booms of thunder. One bolt landed right outside my house lighting up the whole room with whiteness. The noise was incredible. But it says Scottish summer all over it. My first day of the holidays was spent wading through icy water that had flooded the kitchen and hallway and trying to sweep it up whilst wearing nothing but my boxers. It's good to be back.

I've also got a bass guitar! I already play piano and guitar so it's cool to have something new to mess about with.

Now, anyway, I know no-one cares about what's going on in my personal life, so let's move on to NationStates things.

There's an interesting discussion about the maternity leave issue here. Well, I say discussion, but it's really a rant since everyone there has the same opinion. Interesting all the same.

There has been a lot of crying and moaning over issue repetition recently. So much that it has become, yes, really repetitive. I'm not sure what I can say to those who complain that hasn't already been said before. There are only so many issues in the game and sooner or later you're going to come across ones you've done before. As of now there are over two hundred issues, but way back in the day before issue submission was created there were only Max Barry's original thirty-one. New users may not be able to imagine this but it was a documented fact that if anyone should be asked whether they liked Harry Potter or not they would go insane, eat dustbins, and scream 'NOT AGAIN!' If you don't want to do the same issues again, just dismiss them.

I will put new issues into the game once I've found some worth doing. In the mean time, just hold tight and think of peaceful things like kittens and rainbows.

1 comment:

Isa said...

Thanks for shariing