www.nationstates.net

02 August 2006

Back From Greece

I have returned!

The place I went to wasn't Corfu as it turned out but another Greek island called Zakynthos, famous for its turtle nesting grounds.

My first impression of the place was that it was hot. Very hot. Incredibly hot, even. In Scotland, any temperatures above, I dunno, 16 degrees Celsius are thought of as warm, and anything above 20 as uncommonly hot. Temperatures in Greece were in the forties! I have never known such things. England and Belgium were bad enough, I thought, but it was nothing in comparison to Greece. Even at night-time it was as warm as any of Scotland's hottest days. I couldn't help but be very off-put by this. Just like the sinister way the weather never changed... I probably drank enough lemonade to destroy whole orchards. And the sweat! I've never really sweated except when exercising and eating curries, but here I was flowing like a spring just when walking up the street. I felt quite marinated by the end of the holiday.

But I'm back now and do hope to get right stuck into editing issues again as soon as possible.

Efharisto!

No comments: