www.nationstates.net

09 July 2007

New Logo

The results are in from the Create A Logo competition for the blog. The competition was a popular and fierce one; we literally had two entries competing. Very tough. Very difficult. But in the end there could only be one champion.

I have a new logo for the blog courtesy of Il Ruffino whom I thank very much. Consolations go to the second place man (or woman?), Qallegnia whose entry had many winning elements including the ever popular flightless hippo.

In third place comes Zwangzug with his entry which unfortunately didn't reach me by e-mail for some reason.

I chose Il Ruffino's because although it is pretty generic it does fit the black background of the rest of the blog while Qallegnia's faded yellow one was a bit out of place which is a shame because I really liked it.

Here is Qallegnia's entry:



And further credit has to go to Il Ruffino's NationDates logo which is trés cool. I almost wish I did run a dating agency just so I could use it. It is a seriously cool logo. So here it is:



Finally, here is Zwangzug's entry which is very awesome though I must admit a personal distaste for all 'curly' typefaces. A wonderful effort nonetheless.



Again, I applaud all competitors' creativity and I'm sure the logo will do very well until I either get sick of it or someone makes a better one. Thanks again! Should Il Ruffino wish his name to be used as that of a disputant in the next issue he is free to e-mail me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sirocco:

I attempted to e-mail a logo to you (I am the nation Zwangzug). Did you receive it?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting mine! :) (-Zwangzug)

Anonymous said...

I went to email you about being included in a future issue, which I think would be neat, but I seem to be getting errors when I click the "email me" link.

Could you TG me your addy, or just email me at c0w69@hotmail.com .