www.nationstates.net

20 September 2005

Lake District And Yorkshire

Yes, I have returned from my four-day trip to England. I would have written about it on Monday, but I couldn't be arsed.

Anyway, did I enjoy myself? Yes, I do believe I did! On the first day I visited the White Scar cave near Ingleton and it was pretty amazing. I did keep bashing my head against the ceiling though, and there were some passages where you have to bend double to get through. It was one of the few occasions where I was happy being just five foot ten!

I also went to Malham Cove and admired it muchly. There was not a chance in Hell I was going near the edge though. Just seeing another visitor looking over the side gave me the jellies. Brr. As if Watloe's Valley hadn't been bad enough.

I stayed at a hostel in Grasmere which was all very well and good, it was very comfortable and such, until I suddenly got food poisoning on the last day from a suspect vegetable bolognese. Ooh, God, it was horrible. I was shivering, hacking, and sneezing all the way home. Ah well. Can't win 'em all.

No comments: