www.nationstates.net

22 August 2007

Romance In NS General



This is a photo of the North Sea, taken from atop Kilminning Rock.

Two well-known NationStates forum regulars, Allanea and Rejistania, have announced that they're tying the knot which is wonderful and I wish them both the very best. Congratulations!

In other news, even though I promised I would I would get at least one new issue into the game before I headed back to university I have failed to do so, and with the date of departure (24th of August) approaching I am going to be too busy to get it done. But never fear! My new flat has internet access so I should be able to get something in the works after I've settled down. The fact that I have ready access to the internet poses another question however: should I return to my post as moderator? The reason I retired in the first place was because I couldn't access the internet from my room in the accommodation the university gave me. It's a thought worth thinking over and I shall return to it later once I've properly got my slippers by the fireside (or large brown radiator anyway).

Another interesting thing that's cropped up is the current discussion over the diminished number of nations in NationStates. At the time of typing we have 76555 nations which is fairly low, even during the summer months when our players remember there's an outdoors. One result of this is that UN proposals require a lot less support to achieve quorum. The political aftermath of this should be pretty interesting. If you wish to have your say, check out Safalra's thread in the technical forum.

That's all for now. I'll maybe get one last post in tomorrow before I leave for the Deen to say goodbye. Hopefully not for long!

No comments: