www.nationstates.net

13 September 2006

An Absence

On Saturday I shall be moving to Aberdeen to start my four-year course at the university there. I don't know what internet access will be like there or if I'll be able to feasibly continue moderating. Unlikely, I hope, but there is a possibility that I may have to retire from modding if university life proves to be too full of things to do. I'll probably not be around very much at all over the next few weeks while I settle in and get to grips with this. Having lived in a village all my life I'm not sure what to expect living in a big city like Aberdeen (I know it's not really a big city but I'm drawing from experience). I hope to put some articles up so you can all tell how I'm getting on and any rich buggers reading this will feel moved enough by my plight to send me loadsa money. I've always been optimistic.

In NationStates news, I have to congratulate Katganistan and Frisbeeteria on their promotion to the positions of Senior Game Moderator which they would have got yonks ago if anyone had remembered I'm sure. The position doesn't carry any extra responsibility - it's simply a mark of respect for the hard work these two have done to keep NationStates running. Well done, Kat and Fris!

There's a poll running in the Moderation forum on whether to have a new MaxChat or not. Check it out and have your say.

Courtesy of Rhaomi, we have discovered a weird chat-room type thing called Gabbly that can be applied to any website. Most intriguing. Here's one for you to click for the blog:

http://gabbly.com/siroccothemod.blogspot.com/

Here's a Max Barry one as well for your convenience.

No comments: