www.nationstates.net

07 February 2006

I've Got Company

Yep, I've got the book, which is pretty snazzy 'cos it's not out in Britain yet. How did this happen? Well, let me take you on a little adventure...

... To my sitting room. Where it all begins. Oh, yes. I discover, much to my surprise, that there is a package for me. I am further surprised when I find that it's addressed to 'Sirocco'. Who could know my secret crime-fighting alter-ego? Then realisation dawns, as I recall the boss mentioning this around Christmas time. I open the package (bearing not only its Australian stamps which only add to the experience, but the scrawl of a Mrs Jennifer Barry in the sender's signature box. Maybe I can sell it on eBay. But then maybe that'd be a wee bit irresponsible 'cos it has my address on it, and Max's address on the back too. Ach well.) and out plops my own copy of Company! Fantasticus! My dad's a second-hand book seller, so it's in my blood to be really pleased about having a signed first edition. The inscription reads thus: 'For the tireless Sirocco - Thanks for keeping NationStates ticking over. You do an awesome job! Max Barry'. I can now partially understand why people get his name wrong so often. His signature really does look like 'Max Berry'.

Anyway, I shall enjoy reading it, and I'm not going to give away anything on this 'ere blog. If you wanna know what happens, buy the book!

No comments: