www.nationstates.net

10 November 2005

Of Novices And Spell-Checks

Euroslavia's beginning to grapple with the more technical side of issue editing now, and boy is he trying hard! But he'll have to try harder, as I only accept the best! Highest standard! Minimum error! Even when he thought he'd conquered the first option I pointed out six places he could improve on, and THAT'S how much this stuff has worked itself into my skull. But hey, he's not doing bad. I'm sure he'll be a fantastic editor by the end of this.

In other news, Salusa has introduced a spell-checker for UN proposals, telegrams, and regional message boards. Not that I need them of course (insert haughty sniff here), but I think it's a great idea. Though, as one person who telegrammed me pointed out, the button has been put in the position the 'send!' button used to have so force of habit means people will keep hitting the wrong switch! I'll have to mention that to Sal when I next bump into him.

Anyhoo, ciao for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes, you're oh so right! i can spell, but i won't, and i end up hitting the spellchck button insteaad of the send one every time and again and i loathe it! but as is hall hate being the prime example of that people can't change, i will bear with it and do my best to...what did i want to do? ah, yes, remember.

Anonymous said...

I want an issue about hugging...