www.nationstates.net

09 February 2009

NationStates 2 YouTube Competition

Yes, I'm still alive. Just suffering the consequences of a wisdom tooth giving up the battle against decay, and getting back on board the University Studies Express. The tooth in question is hidden right at the back of my mouth where no manner of head tilting in front of the mirror will let me look at it, but from feeling it I can tell that I only have half a tooth there, it smells unpleasant no matter how much I brush it (or try to brush it, it's almost inaccessible), and it is SORE. VERY, VERY SORE.

Trying to get an NHS dentist is also excessively difficult.

On with NationStates business:

NationStates 2 has launched a competition to advertise NationStates 2 on American TV. They seem quite fond of the idea, linking to the NS2 Youtube channel three times in one post.

I think it's a really good idea, though I'm yet to see any entries I particularly like. The premise is pretty simple: make a ninety-second video of you addressing your nation about whatever you like. Winner gets to become the focus of OMAC's NationStates 2 advertising campaign. I'm intrigued to see what creativity this will inspire as more entries get listed though I'm a little sceptical as to how people will be drawn in by an ad done this way.

Time will tell.

In other news, New South Hell has written a new essay, this time about how NationStates categorises ideologies: http://cityofulthar.wordpress.com/2009/01/31/deconstructing-the-ideocube/

No comments: