www.nationstates.net

10 May 2009

It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Forum

The new forum's been working very well so far (long may it continue), so I thought I'd direct your attention to a few of the more interesting threads have been sprouting up and touch on a few other developments.

First of all, is there's a competition (!) for users to design a special avatar for nations that have ceased to exist. You can post your own submission here. Remember to read the rules in the first post.

Secondly, and of more importance, we have a few new subforums, namely Global Economics and Trade, NS Sports, WA Archives, and Fiction which has superseded the old Jennifer Government forum (which you can still visit on Jolt, of course).

Excepting Fiction, I was the one who suggested these forums so I hope they're well received! Yeah, NS Sports is a bit of a lame name, but I couldn't think of anything better at the time. Perhaps you can all suggest something better?

The WA Archives is still virgin soil. Learn about how you can help make it an integral part of the World Assembly here.

The new Technical forum is also brimming with interesting threads. Here are a few links to click at your leisure:

About This Forum
New Forum Thoughts, Suggestions, and Problems
2 Questions: Antiquity? The original, original forum?
.:The BIG Collaborative List of Suggested NS Improvements:.

In other news, there's some new World Factbook Entry wizardry in the form of [nation] and [region] tags which you can use to link to nations and regions. In the WFE. It's really quite straightforward. There is also a [url] tag you can use to direct visitors to your own offsite regional forum! No more copy/pasting to the URL bar! Read all about it here.

I've got one exam this year on top of all my coursework in early June. I'll be performing Chopin, Satie, Skryabin, and one of my own pieces. Wish me luck!

No comments: