www.nationstates.net

30 October 2008

Two Small Enhancements

A few months ago, I mentioned that New South Hell (whose name's probably going to be popping up more and more often on this blog) had suggested a whole bunch of descriptors to me that could go on the nation's spotlight page. Tired of being told for the thousandth time that your nation is remarkable for its compulsory vegetarianism? Or military conscription? Well now there's a whole bunch more to make things just that little bit more varied.

The second enhancement is one I devised myself. Right now NationStates 1 has nations upwards of ten billion, but have always been described as 'massive' since they hit the one billion population mark. I thought it was high time we changed these population size descriptors to be a bit more fitting, and more interesting for long-time players. The ranges have been redefined and some more have been added. I hope everyone approves!

Kudos goes to [violet] who implemented these features into the game for me.

In other news, the site's gone down a few times and there's been a bit of a glitch affecting issues, with horrendous error messages appearing where the issues should be. Don't worry, we'll have it fixed soon, so there's no need to beleaguer us with frantic cries of 'my nation's not working!'

The official thread for this problem is here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new descriptions-as the founder of "Starways Congress" it was great to see something about interest in outer space. Not sure what my country has against cheese, though, I thought I supported the cartoon everything. Whatever, great addition.

~Zwangzug